Completing the questionnaire
This questioinnaire will take around 60 minutes to complete. You can log back in at anytime to complete it - but don't leave it till the last minute!
From time to time, please click the "Save unfinished page" button on the bottom of the page - this will ensure that your individual responses are saved, and in the event that your connection is lost (more likely when using a mobile device), you can simply log back in and continue where you left off.
If you receive a "422 Error" it means that you have an expired application page open in another browser tab. Restart your browser, or close the tab, then log back in and complete your application. And remember to save your answers regularly.
DO NOT USE EMOTICONS/EMOJIS IN YOUR ANSWERS! (you will not be able to submit your answers until they're removed).
Forgot your password?
No problems - just click the 'forgot password' link on the sign in page. If you don't immediately receive an email, check your spam/junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please prepare photos of the following for upload to your application - this is a mandatory requirement.
Choose ONLY FIVE photos to submit. You may return and change these at any time.
YOU MUST include 3 pictures of your home and 2 pictures of your team.
Make sure all of your photos are clear and well lit.
Guidelines for selecting photos:
- HOME – should indicate your design style and taste.
- TEAM – recent everyday pictures of your team. NO WEDDING PHOTOS and NO SUNGLASSES.
Please follow these guidelines when filming your video submission
- The video submission is your first challenge for The Block. Be inventive, show initiative, catch our attention! Remember, first impressions last!
- The video submissions must be NO LONGER than 5 minutes.
- Use the application questions as a guide for topics to discuss.
- Both applicants must appear in the video.
- At least one person should be in front of the camera at all times.
- Talk about your partner and have your partner talk about you.
- Tell us why you are the ideal Blockheads?
- If you are going to use any music to accompany your video MAKE SURE YOU CAN BE HEARD above the music.
- Make sure you and your location are well lit and can be seen clearly in the video. Make sure you are not backlit!
- Please show us your renovations/home, but make sure we can see it clearly. Give an idea of your style and renovation experience.
- (Before uploading) Watch your video back! If you can’t hear or see yourselves neither can we!!! If you get bored, so do we!!
- Please remember you are trying out to be a contestant, not a presenter so be inventive, have fun but most importantly BE YOURSELF!!
*If you are experiencing issues please use the Chrome Browser - we DO NOT recommend any version of Internet Explorer.
**If you experience an error - it's most likely that you have an expired application page open in another browser tab (probably this one). In this case, restart your browser to clear all other tabs, then log back in and commence upload.
You can upload most video types to your application.
The larger the file, the longer it will take, however (and this is also dependant on your internet connection) - compress it!
Your video is likely to be larger than 100MB and this may take more than an hour to upload - please bear this in mind.
Please be patient while it uploads.
If you'd like to speed up the process you can reduce the size of your video prior to uploading, by following these instructions:
- On your iPhone/iPad you can use the Video Compressor application
- On your computer download the free video converter: www.macroplant.com/adapter
Once installed, (and any additional plugins are updated), follow these steps:
- Add your video by dropping or browsing to it from your hardrive.
- From the right hand panel, choose a "Destination" to where you'd like to save your compressed video
- From the 'Video" section choose "mpeg4" as the encoder.
- From the "Resolution" section, choose a smaller size from the dropdown (eg 720x480) (you can see in the output window, the change to the video as you select the different sizes) - this will reduce the file size most effectively from the original and won't degrade the quality.
- Choose quality 'High'
- If you want to reduce the time length of your video, choose the "Trim" option and adjust the start and end points of your video.
- Do NOT use weird characters in your videos filename - if you have, change them to your name (eg: jim_ann_block2017.mp4)
Make sure you check that your video plays before uploading it - otherwise you will experience an error.
Castasugar is not in any way affiliated with Macroplant or other third party applications mentioned here - and there are many other free apps that you can use to achieve the same results.